Recipe by English_Rose
If you like spaghetti bolognese you will also enjoy this easy red pesto lamb with pasta dish. If you want to cook ahead and freeze this dish then cool, cover and freeze in a freezer-proof container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature. Tip into a saucepan, add a splash of water and reheat for 5-10 minutes until piping hot. From Delicious Magazine.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces red pesto sauce
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 4 ounces dried pasta shapes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a deep, wide frying pan. Add the lamb, onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the peppers, pesto and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Mix into the meat sauce.
- Serve or freeze as per directions above.