Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, easy meal full of the flavours of the Med.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 350 g dry penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons red pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 200 g feta cheese
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the aubergine and peppers, and sautee over a moderate heat for 10 minutes until the aubergine is golden and the peppers softened and browned at the edges.
- While the vegetables are sauteing, cook the penne in a large pan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, return to the pan and add the red pesto, stirring until the penne is coated. Add the rice vinegar to the aubergine and pepper mix, and season with black pepper. Spoon the penne on to warm plates and pile the veg on top. Crumble over the feta cheese and serve garnished with basil leaves.