Recipe by Sharon123
I love red peppers and garlic and balsamic vinegar, so this was a no brainer for me! I sometimes add lots of garlic too(5-6 cloves) in with the peppers. You can also add thinly sliced onions. You might want to add just a touch more oil and vinegar if you add more onions. Enjoy! From Outrageous Recipes.
- 4 red bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 -2 small sweet onion, sliced thin
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium pan on low heat. Pour in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add peppers(and onions and garlic if using) and cook slowly, until soft (about 1/2 to 1 hour). The peppers should almost melt.
- Season with salt and pepper, add a little more balsamic vinegar once or twice if they look dry.
- Toast sliced bread under broiler, rubbing the clove of garlic over them before toasting. Spoon peppers over bread and serve warm.