Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This freezes really well, and only needs to be stirred up again after defrosting.
Make and share this Red Pepper & Tomato Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces blanched almonds
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) roll stale French bread, cut into small pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- chopped fresh red chili peppers or cayenne or Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until they form a powder.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the garlic and salt to the processor (no need to wash it) and puree until it forms a paste, then add the bread and whirr until it becomes crumbs.
- Add the peppers, and process until the mixture turns red.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin seed and ground cumin, and continue to process to a lovely red puree.
- With the machine still running, slowly add the olive oil and process until the mixture emulsifies.
- Season with salt and chile, cayenne or tabasco.
- Stir in the reserved ground almonds.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.