Recipe by Carianne
From the American Institute for Cancer Research. Great resource for health-promoting recipes that are very tasty and easy.
Top Review by Breton girl
Very good dish - easy to put together. I added a little cumin, cayenne pepper, and some diced green pepper - very satisfying. My hubby enjoyed it so much he had seconds. I think this would be a easy dish to play with - add mushrooms, substitute corn or carrots for the peas, etc. The chicken was nice and moist too. Thank you for posting!
- 1 2⁄3 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers (drained and chopped)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea