Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the American Institute for Cancer Research. Great resource for health-promoting recipes that are very tasty and easy.
- 1 2⁄3 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers (drained and chopped)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine everything except the peas in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir, cover, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Stir in peas and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Very good dish - easy to put together. I added a little cumin, cayenne pepper, and some diced green pepper - very satisfying. My hubby enjoyed it so much he had seconds. I think this would be a easy dish to play with - add mushrooms, substitute corn or carrots for the peas, etc. The chicken was nice and moist too. Thank you for posting!
This was quite tasty. The flavors and textures really came together nicely. I used frozed edamame instead of the peas, which worked well for us. The ease and healthy factors are a huge plus as well. Thanks for the great recipe, Carianne!