From the American Institute for Cancer Research. Great resource for health-promoting recipes that are very tasty and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 1/2 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers (drained and chopped)
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine everything except the peas in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3Stir, cover, and bake for 40 minutes.
- 4Stir in peas and bake for 10 minutes more.
- 5Remove bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper, Tomato, and Chicken Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 667.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth