Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend gave me the recipe for this. It was lovely with fresh hot bread and olives. Great for entertaining at parties or as an appitizer.
- 2 large red peppers
- 110 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4 (350F, 180C).
- Bake the peppers for 25 - 30 minutes until skin is well charred.
- Peel off the outer skin & remove any seeds or pith. Chop the flesh.
- Toast the sunflower seeds in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes until lightly browned. Grind very finely in a nut mill or coffee grinder.
- Add the peppers and remaining ingredients to the sunflower seed powder and mix thoroughly.
- Leave to stand, overnight if possible.
- Adjust seasoning before serving.