Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are a few red pepper soups on the Zaar, but I thought I'd post this one because I cook it often and know for sure and certain that it's just as good cold (with yoghurt) as hot (with cream).
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 large red bell peppers, skins on,seeded and chopped
- 2 large leeks, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger (or equivalent fresh ginger)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 1 pint strong chicken stock
- 1⁄2 pint yoghurt (for cold soup) or 1⁄4 pint cream, for hot soup
- Soften the leeks and peppers in the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add all the other ingredients except the yoghurt (or cream).
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Cool and puree or blend.
- Either stir in yoghurt and cool again, or heat and stir in cream.