- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the red peppers in a foil-lined pan at 450°F Cook until brown and puffy on all sides, turning once or twice.
- Allow the peppers to cool for about 10 minutes. Peel and remove the stems and seeds.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, broth, and onion mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the red pepper mixture into a saucepan over low heat and add half & half or milk and black pepper. Heat until warm.