I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog.
Make and share this Red Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Roast the red peppers in a foil-lined pan at 450°F Cook until brown and puffy on all sides, turning once or twice.
- Allow the peppers to cool for about 10 minutes. Peel and remove the stems and seeds.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, broth, and onion mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the red pepper mixture into a saucepan over low heat and add half & half or milk and black pepper. Heat until warm.
Simple to make and very tasty
You made my day! I found the Perfect recipe for roasted red pepper soup. I cheated and used roasted red pepper that I buy in a large jar. I did add some basil because I had some fresh; and I find it blends so well with this soup. Your recipe is going in my "Zaar's our favourite Discoveries".I made this for ZWT; thank you!!!! Rita