- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 24 fluid ounces chicken broth or 24 fluid ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the saucepan and saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, stirring well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree using a hand held immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the soup through a strainer and return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the heavy cream and the ground black pepper and allow to heat through, about 5 to 10 minutes.