Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy, light, and creamy pureed soup that will impress your family and friends. It can be made vegetarian by substituting the chicken broth with vegetable broth. This recipe is from Allrecipes.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 24 fluid ounces chicken broth or 24 fluid ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the saucepan and saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, stirring well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree using a hand held immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the soup through a strainer and return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the heavy cream and the ground black pepper and allow to heat through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Very nice and red peppery and very simple.
This is delicious! My husband and I love a red pepper soup at a local restaurant and this recipe let's us enjoy it at home. So good. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
In the directions you mentionned to add the garlic but I don't see it in the list of ingredients. So I added 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly. We really loved this soup. Thanks Cookiedog :) Made for 123 hit wonders.