Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great sauce recipe but it does have a kick to it so adjust heat according to taste.Was a really great combo with the Lobster Wraps recipe
- 2 red bell peppers
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- In saucepan melt butter and add 3/4 of the red peppers,shallots and garlic.
- Sautee until about half cooked and add the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Remove and put in a blender and blend on high.
- Strain sauce and return to heat.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Add basil,salt,paprika,cayenne and tabasco.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes and serve.
- Use left over red pepper for garnish along with a few dashes of paprika.