Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Vegetarian Gourmet Holiday edition. Serve with Red Lentil Loaf
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk lite
- 2 tablespoons tahini or 2 tablespoons smooth cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place pepper, soy milk, tahini and arrowroot in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in salt, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.