Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
SOURCE: KINGS ARMS TAVERN 18th century
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 4 cups red bell peppers, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, vinegar, pepper, salt and cloves and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the peppers and onion, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.