Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy appetizer or snack. Use the castelli for a vegetarian otherwise use the Grana Padano. Peppers from a jar work very well in this recipe as does ready made pesto. You can quickly make your own pesto, try my homemade pesto recipe
- 25 g castelli cheese or 25 g grana padano
- 225 g flour
- 50 g butter
- 125 ml milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 large roasted peppers
- 12 olives (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C and grease two trays.
- Grate cheese into a bowl, add flour, butter and a pinch of salt. Rub in butter.
- Add milk and mix until a soft, slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 4 circles about the size of a saucer. Spread each with pesto and top with peppers and olives if using.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- If desired top with more cheese and rocket.