- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red peppers
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, crushed
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in a saute pan.
- add peppers and onions, saute until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- add rice, stir to coat.
- add broth, salt, pepper and saffron, bring to boil.
- cover reduce to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- stir in cheese, and chives, serve.