Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
CrazyCyndi's Hot Pepper Butter (#137562) inspired me to make a Mustard that I could use for sandwiches or possibly add cream to make it into a sauce for hot chicken, pork or veal. The result is incredible and I cannot thank CrazyCyndi enough for supplying a good recipe.
- 354.88 ml onions, minced
- 709.77 ml red peppers, chopped
- 14.79 ml habanero pepper, chopped
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml white vinegar or 236.59 ml wine vinegar
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 2.46 ml coriander
- 311.84 g apricot nectar
- 14.79 ml frozen orange juice concentrate
- 59.14 ml flour
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml water
- Sauté the onions, red peppers, habenero pepper in the olive oil.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, spices and continue to sauté so the the spices sweat with the vegetables.
- Add the apricot nectar and frozen orange juice concentrate. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and water together carefully so that you have no lumps and pour into the bubbly peppers. Whisk until thick.
- Pour the hot mixture into sterilized jars, clean the top of jar and then close with the tops and rings. Process the mustard in a water bath for 10 minutes after the water boils, or 20 minutes in a steam canner.