Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
CrazyCyndi's Hot Pepper Butter (#137562) inspired me to make a Mustard that I could use for sandwiches or possibly add cream to make it into a sauce for hot chicken, pork or veal. The result is incredible and I cannot thank CrazyCyndi enough for supplying a good recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, minced
- 3 cups red peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon habanero pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar or 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 11 ounces apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Sauté the onions, red peppers, habenero pepper in the olive oil.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, spices and continue to sauté so the the spices sweat with the vegetables.
- Add the apricot nectar and frozen orange juice concentrate. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and water together carefully so that you have no lumps and pour into the bubbly peppers. Whisk until thick.
- Pour the hot mixture into sterilized jars, clean the top of jar and then close with the tops and rings. Process the mustard in a water bath for 10 minutes after the water boils, or 20 minutes in a steam canner.