Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the book "400 Best Ever Low-Fat/Fat Free Recipes" by Anne Sheasby. This soup looks delicious! It is a good light meal or winter warmer, with it's slightly spicy taste.
- 4 red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 finely grated lime, rind and juice
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and peppers, gently in the oil for around 5 minutes, shaking or moving the pan around occasionally until soft.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Add the chilli and the tomato puree together and add to the pan.
- Add half the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the mixture.
- Add to the saucepan and add the rest of the stock and the lime rind and juice.
- Bring to the boil.
- Serve hot.