Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is delicious hot out of the oven, recipe is from Dream Dinner cookbook. Excellent choice for a dinner party. However, my family does not like this reheated for leftovers.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 15 ounces diced roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef, about 10 minutes on medium-high heat, drain off fat.
- Combine in large bowl cooked beef, marinara, tomatoes, roasted peppers, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, basil and sugar and stir well.
- In seperate bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese, Parmesan, ricotta, salt, and pepper.
- Layer in dish: 1/2 c sauce, 4 noodles, 1 1/2 c cheese mixture, and 1 c mozzarella. Repeat,ending with cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 15 minutes, until cheese is melted.