Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this on the internet(don't remember which site). This is delicious served on top of a softened block of cream cheese and eaten with cracker.
- 473.18 ml ground sweet red peppers (about 3 large peppers)
- 1301.24 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml distilled vinegar
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 1 bottle liquid pectin
- Place red peppers, sugar and vinegar in kettle; heat rapidly to boiling, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat, let stand 15 minutes.
- Reheat to boiling, add lemon juice.
- Let it come to a boil, then add the pectin.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Bottle as any jelly.
This could have been easy but I couldn't find liquid pectin.. Found powdered pectin eventually...Absolutely no idea of the ratio, never having used pectin before... First batch runny,, Added more pectin,,, honey consistency,,, final attempt, more pectin and it set within a couple of hours... It is divine.. I can't stop eating it... I have made several jars for xmas gifts... I am sure they won't be disappointed with the final result. i had it with cream cheese... Yummmmmmm
This was awesome! The first time I made it I found that it was a little runny so I added another package of the liquid pectin and it turned out much better!! I use it as a sauce for pork chops and a dip for chicken figers. It goes great with cream cheese and crackers!! Thanks for posting. This is my new naughty, night time snack:)
The recipe took a little more than 30 minutes to make. The quantity made was more than 6 small jars. The recipe should specify that the jar size was 250 ml. This recipe made 12 125 ml jars which was a bit of a surprise in needing to have the correct number of jars ready.