Recipe by L. Duch
I came across this on the internet(don't remember which site). This is delicious served on top of a softened block of cream cheese and eaten with cracker.
Top Review by Truffle Lady46
This recipe is delicious. It calls for bottle pectin, I used one pouch certo liquid pectin. As suggested, I also added 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, you could use more. This has become my favorite for pepper jelly and it's so easy. For some reason, I got more jars than the recipe called for. A bonus.
- 473.18 ml ground sweet red peppers (about 3 large peppers)
- 1301.24 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml distilled vinegar
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 1 bottle liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place red peppers, sugar and vinegar in kettle; heat rapidly to boiling, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat, let stand 15 minutes.
- Reheat to boiling, add lemon juice.
- Let it come to a boil, then add the pectin.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Bottle as any jelly.