Recipe by Jamie-Nicole
A spicy, bright red jelly. Perfect in the summer on crackers and cream cheese.
- 6 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 12 red chilies, halved
- 551.25 ml red wine vinegar
- 1247.37 g granulated sugar
- 255.14 g liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the peppers and chiles in a blender or food processor and chop finely, pulsing the machine on and off.
- Transfer the chopped peppers and chiles to a deep, heavy, non-reactive saucepan. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then let drip through a cheesecloth overnight.
- Pour the resulting liquid into the cleaned saucepan and add the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil over a medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pectin, increase the heat, and cook at a full, rolling boil for 2 minutes, then test for a set.
- When the jelly has reached the setting point, laddle into small, sterilized jars and cover with vinegar-proof seals.
- Label carefully to avoid the shock of chiles on your morning toast!