Love this recipe with carrots and crackers! A must try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- one 15-ounce can great northern bean, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped jarred roasted red pepper, well drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sprig fresh basil or 1 sprig cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- 2Combine the beans, bell pepper, and lemon juice in a food processor. Add the onion and garlic and the remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 3Let stand or refrigerate in a covered container for about 1 hour before serving. Garnish and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 279.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: