Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love this recipe with carrots and crackers! A must try!
Make and share this Red Pepper Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- one 15-ounce can great northern bean, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped jarred roasted red pepper, well drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sprig fresh basil or 1 sprig cilantro (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the beans, bell pepper, and lemon juice in a food processor. Add the onion and garlic and the remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Let stand or refrigerate in a covered container for about 1 hour before serving. Garnish and serve at room temperature.