Recipe by cookiedog
Serve this with pita bread and raw vegetables for a snack or hors d'oeuvre for a dinner party. This dip represents the Middle East for ZWT 6. From Bon Appetit Tastes of the World.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Yum! I had some roasted red peppers in the fridge that needed to be used up, so this was the perfect recipe. I only used 1/4 cup of both tahini and lemon juice and then added just a touch of the bean "fluid" from the can. I also added some all purpose seasoning to give it a little extra oomph. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 78.07 ml tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml chopped drained roasted red peppers from jar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wtih processor running, drop garlic through feed tube and mince. Scrape down sides of work bowl. Add chickpeas, tahini and lemon juice; process until mixture is smooth. Add roasted peppers; process until peppers are finely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer hummus to small bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.).