Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It serves well as a great dip and spread too!!
- 1 cup chickpeas, boiled or canned (discard the liquid)
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted and the skin removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Put all of the ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Store the hummus in a tightly sealed container.
- Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for 2 3 days.
- Serve as a dip with fresh veggies or on pita bread.