Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I love houmous so much I could eat a tub a day quite easily. I've never been a fan of home made stuff as it was always too thick and heavy. This versions contains yoghurt and no olive oil so although not truly authentic, its still fierce good
- 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g chickpeas, drained
- 1 lime, juice of
- 125 ml fromage frais
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to high and grill peppers skin side up until they begin to char.
- Remove from the grill and place in a plastic bag until cool. when cool, peel off the skin and chop the flesh.
- whiz the pepper, chickpeas, garlic and lime juice to your desired consistency.
- Stir in the fromage frais and coriander and mix well.
- serve with pitta and raw veggies.