Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted in response to a request for this recipe from the April '05 issue of Southern Living magazine.
Top Review by Momsthecook
I had an opened jar of roasted red peppers and a nearly full can of chick peas, so this was a perfect recipe to use those items in my refrigerator. WOW! This is great hummus! We are having it for Friday night appetizers with veggies and pita chips. Very smooth, very easy, and quick. Great recipe!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig