Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spiced up goat cheese, wrapped in thinly cut strips of cucumber and drizzled with a tasty honey balsamic dressing. A wonderful appetizer or snack.
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes, peperoncino flakes (more or less, depending on your ability to handle the heat!)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut lengthwise into wide, thin strips
For the sauce
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Empty the cheese into a large bowl and press it into the shape or curve of the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and peperoncino flakes.
- Mix or knead the cheese, making sure to mix the ingredients well throughout the cheese. You should end up with a large ball of cheese.
- Form the cheese into a a bar and lay it out across the ends of the cucumber strips, lengthwise. Then roll the cucumber strips, with cheese inside, into a roll. You may have to press the cucumbers into the cheese to make them stick and compress it, this is ok.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- Now make your sauce.First add the honey to a large bowl. Then add the oil and soy sauce. Last, add the vinegar and whisk it until well mixed.
- When you are ready to serve, cut the cucumber by each strip. It should make a single chunk of cheese wrapped with cucumber strip. Then.
- drizzle the sauce around the plate, not too much but enough to dip inches.