Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this recipe trying to copycat Ruby Tuesday's. This is so much better and more flavorful.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 large onion, chopped fine (or less to your liking)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice (I use instant for best results)
- 1⁄2 red roasted pepper (buy whole red peppers in a jar and chop fine)
- 4 tablespoons mexican cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- Melt butter in saucepan. Saute onions for 4 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic. Cook about 4-5 minutes more, or until onion is tender.
- Place chicken broth in pan with onion mixture. Bring to boil and cook rice according to package directions.
- Once rice is done, stir in red bell pepper and fluff with fork.
- Top with cheese and serve. Delicious!