Chef #277146's Note:
I came up with this recipe trying to copycat Ruby Tuesday's. This is so much better and more flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 large onion, chopped fine (or less to your liking)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped fine)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice (I use instant for best results)
- 1/2 red roasted pepper (buy whole red peppers in a jar and chop fine)
- 4 tablespoons mexican cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- 1Melt butter in saucepan. Saute onions for 4 minutes.
- 2Add chopped garlic. Cook about 4-5 minutes more, or until onion is tender.
- 3Place chicken broth in pan with onion mixture. Bring to boil and cook rice according to package directions.
- 4Once rice is done, stir in red bell pepper and fluff with fork.
- 5Top with cheese and serve. Delicious!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper Garlic Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: