Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is for Elizabeth Fullerton
- 2 whole red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt substitute, pepper,and other seasonings to taste
- Place the peppers whole into a saucepan.
- Cover to approximately half way with water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers onto a board and cut out the seeds and stem.
- Place into a blender or food-processor and process for 20 or 30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil and process for another 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Add the vinegar and mix for 3 seconds.
- Season to taste.
- Delicious spread on thickly sliced bread or drizzled over salads.
This is awesome. I added a little more balsamic vinegar as I like my dressings tart. If you're watching your fat intake, this tastes good even with only 1 Tbsp olive oil. Fantastic dressing for salads, chicken and fish. Also good as a soup if you add some buttermilk/veggie stock. Tasty stuff!
Thanks Miller, I just got around to making this over the summer and I loved it! I used it as a marinade for chicken, and I also used it on salad. It was great! Thanks so much!