Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
For dipping: Assorted filled ravioli prepared according to package directions, drained. Bread...Veggies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded domestic gruyere or 1 1⁄2 cups gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl toss the cheese with the cornstarch.
- In a medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan,cook the red pepper in the butter over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and milk and heat until barely simmering.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the cheese, a handful at a time, stirring until the cheese is melted before adding more.
- When all the cheese has been added, stir in the dill, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to an enamel or ceramic fondue pot and keep warm over a fondue burner.
- Serve immediately.