Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DH gleaned from foodchannel.com. Real easy and very tasty yet not real spicey. My 88 yr. old mom loves them.
- olive oil, for coating
- 24 small new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat and oil the grill rack.
- If potatoes are very small, use grill basket or skewers.
- Add potatoes to boiling water; cook about 5-7 minutes--not completely tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Put potatoes in large bowl; coat with oil.
- In small bowl, mix together paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and salt; add to potatoes; toss until well coated.
- Grill directly over medium-high heat, turning often, until nicely browned and tender--10-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
The title is misleading....these sound spicy hot, and they are not! So please don't be afraid of the red pepper....it is minimal in the recipe. The red comes from the paprika. We really enjoyed these, plus they are easy to make! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! It can't get any easier. I loved the spice combination. Cooking for a short period of time prior to grilling makes for a tender inside and a not burnt outside. Thanks for posting. :)
EXCELLENT! I actually cheated & 'grilled' with my cast iron skillet. Ah well. I still got a nice crunchy outside with a yummy spicy coating. We'll definitely make these again - perhaps next summer on the outside grill? lol. Made for My 3 Chefs 11/09.