1/3 Photos of Red Pepper Corn Muffins
Bits of sweet red pepper make these muffins so pretty and the buttermilk adds flavour without fat. You can substitute jarred pimiento or roasted red pepper if you like but drain them well and pat dry. Adapted from Gourmet magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Generously butter muffin tin -- 12 muffin regular size.
- 3Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a medium bowl.
- 5Add buttermilk mixture and red peppers to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; do not overmix.
- 6Place about 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 muffin cups.
- 7Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- 8Carefully remove muffins from tin to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 294.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g