Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 4 roasted red bell peppers, dried and chopped finely or 1 (16 ounce) canroasted red bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped finely
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 -3 tablespoons canned chilies, chopped finely
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, and celery and cook until soft.
- Add the roasted peppers, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, paprika, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Add the parsley and lemon juice and adjust the seasonings to taste.
- In another small saucepan, heat the cream or half-and-half and continue to cook until reduced by one-third.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender, add the chilies and purée.
- Spoon the cream mixture into the hot soup and serve.
Excellent, altho it took me a longer time to make. One small change was that i took about a cup of the completed soup, pureed it and returned it to the pot, changing the texture and appearance to more like a bisque. The DH lapped it up!