Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From the cookbook "Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining" by Phyllis Pellman Good & Dawn J. Ranck, contributed by Sue Graber, Eureka IL. Very easy, very tasty! I used chicken breast fillets, which remained whole, and were very moist and tender. I served it without rice in a big soup bowl with hot, buttered tortillas on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine beans, red peppers, stewed tomatoes, onion, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover, Cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over rice.