Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
What's not to like? From Giada De Laurentis. Inactive prep time: 4hrs up to 2 days.
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup thin strips roasted red pepper
- 4 (6 inch) pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Wrap the outside of a 9" springform cheesecake pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- Place the ricotta, cream cheese, and goat cheese in a food processor. Pulse to mix.
- Add the sugar, egg, and salt and pulse a few times until well mixed. Stir in the red pepper strips.
- Pour the cheese mixture into prepared cheesecake pan.
- Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water in the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake until the cheesecake is golden at the edges and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes(the cheesecake will become firm when it is cold.).
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
- To make the pita chips, cut the pitas in 8 triangles each(like a pie). Drizzle the pita with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. (This can be done with olive oil nonstick spray, as well).
- Bake until crisp and golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- To serve, combine the jam and the water in a small bowl and stir until the jam is liquefied.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle the jam mixture over the top of cheesecake.
- Serve with the pita chips alongside.
I made this awhile back to take to a get together, and it was great! I did use a little 7 or 8 inch springform, so my cooking time was different, but it was easy and pretty. This would also be a nice base for trying different versions, with herbs, or olives--sometimes i have to do something with leftover goat cheese!