This is a great version for those who are not crazy about tomatoes!
Make and share this Red Pepper Bruschetta (No Tomatoes!) recipe from Food.com.
- Remove outer skin from garlic bulb (don't separate cloves). Brush with 1 tsp oil. Wrap in foil. Bake at 425°F 30-35 minutes, until soft. Cool.
- Broil peppers until skins blister, about 10 minutes. Immediate place in a paper bag and let sit 15-20 minutes. Peel and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers.
- Cut off top of garlic bulb, squeeze garlic out and chop finely.
- In a bowl, combine parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Add peppers and garlic; mix well.
- Cut bread in 16 slices about 1/2 inch thick; broil until toasted slightly.
- Top toasts with pepper mixture and serve immediately.