Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to kick off a simple meal or a grand fiesta! Especially good if you make this with my Margarita Jalapeño Salsa. From "Hotter Than Hell".
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1⁄3 lb fresh green beans
- 12 small fresh asparagus spears
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea
Rosy Creamy Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa
- Slice stem ends from bell peppers, and pull out the seeds and ribs.
- Divide broccoli into florets with stems about 4 inches long.
- Cut tips from green beans.
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 inches long and pare skin from stalks.
- Pull strings from snow peas.
- Parboil each vegetable, except for the red bell peppers, separately in boiling salted water just until tender-crisp.
- Broccoli, green beans, and asparagus each take about 3 minutes; snow peas take about 30 seconds.
- When each vegetable is done, transfer it to an ice-filled dish to stop the cooking process; cool.
- While vegetables are cooling, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and salsa in a medium bowl.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into each pepper cup.
- Stand broccoli, green beans, asparagus, and snow peas in pepper cups and serve with Rosy Creamy Salsa.