Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spectacular dish I created after eating one of those frozen "all in one" meal from the grocery store. After eating that I decided that I couldmake this, and I could make it better...and I did! This really tastes great and looks fancy too!
- 1 lb ready to eat peeled and cooked shrimp
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus spear
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) jars Classico sun dried tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jarclassico garlic alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Thaw shrimp and set aside.
- Pour all 3 sauce jars into a large pot and stir together well.
- Heat sauce covered over medium heat stirring frequently until heated thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low and add shrimp.
- Stir frequently while covered on low.
- Chop both peppers into small bites.
- Place into a well greased skillet and and sprinkle garlic powder over the pieces.
- Cook over medium-high heat until tender and slightly blackened.
- Cut asparagus spears into 3 equal parts and steam them until tender.
- Do not overcook the asparagus; it should be slightly tender, but in NO way mushy.
- Cook pasta according to their directions on the label and drain well.
- Add pasta, asparagus, and peppers to the sauce and shrimp mix.
- Stir well and continue to heat on low for five more minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad and enjoy!
I love this recipe!
This was so quick and easy to make. I made it for a dinner party and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. It also looked very nice and presentable for formal parties! This recipe is a definite keeper even for regular weeknight family meal with my kids and my husband. Thanks so much for this recipe Stephanie!