Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
These are cheesy and savory puff pastry bites. Recipe from Land O Lakes.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups asiago cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped (can use 1 1/2 t dried basil leaves)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place water and butter in heavy 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil (6-8 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low; stir in flour and garlic salt vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, bell pepper and basil.
- Immediately drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle each with 1/4 t remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
As I saw this recipe I could not resist and I had to try it!
Really delicious finger food!
I took the parmesan option and I followed the recipe as it was.
The bites were crispy outside and soft inside.
I will serve this as apero for our guests!
Thanks for this recipe