That is Dr House to you's Note:
the recipe depends on the combination of the peppery watercress with the sweet red pepper if you sub it might not work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and place the peppers under an hot broiler until blistered and charred. Place in paper bag. When cool enough to handle, peel , seed and pat dry with paper towels. Do not rush this step.
- 2Place peppers and watercress in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Spoon into bowl.
- 3Mix in the ricotta and almonds and season to taste.
- 4Work with 1 sheet of phyllo at a time. Cut out 2 X 7 inch and 2 X 2 inch squares for each sheet.
- 5Brush large squares with a little oil and place second large square at a 90 degree angle over to form star shape.
- 6Place on of the small squares in the center of this. Brush lightly with oil and top with second square.
- 7Top with 1/8th of the pepper mix.
- 8Bring edges together to form a purse shape and twist to seal. Place onlightly greased cookie sheet and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Make sure you keep the sheets you are not working with under a damp towel.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper and Watercress Filo Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 257.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 13.4 g