2 hrs 20 mins
Sweet red bell peppers are simmered with garlic, ginger, sugar and orange juice and zest to create a slightly sweet condiment with a bite to it! This is great with grilled chicken or beef, lamb, on a sandwich[try this topped with a fried egg on multi- grain bread], in a potato, or with game. Try to always have some on hand-it's addictive. From The New Basics Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core and seed the peppers, and cut into 1/4" wide lengthwise strips(you should get about 12 cups).
- 2Heat the butter and oil in a heavy flameproof casserole dish. Add garlic and ginger, and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes. Add the peppers, and stir well to coat.
- 3Mix in the orange zest, juice, sugar, and pepper. Stir gently and cover. Cook over medium-low heat,stirring occasionally, until the peppers are wilted and their skins are soft, about 25 minutes.
- 4Remove the cover and keep cooking over low heat, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 hours.
- 5Serve hot or at room temperature. This keeps, covered tightly, in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper and Ginger Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (1903 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.5
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of