Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can of course use standard green pears for this recipe, but the red pears make a more dramatic, colorful statement. From a local source.
- 2 firm ripe red pears, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (I used Hansen's Key Lime Natural Soda) or 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Place the sliced pears in a non-reactive bowl along with the soda or lime juice. Toss to coat well to keep the pears from oxidizing (turning brown).
- Place the washed baby spinach leaves in a salad bowl. Add the green onions, feta and nuts. *NOTE: Do not add the nuts to the salad until just before serving.
- Drain the pears and discard the liquid.
- Add the drained pears to the salad bowl and toss to blend.
- Serve salad with raspberry vinaigrette on side.