Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy pasta sauce that takes less than an hour to cook! Hope you all enjoy.
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated pasta cheese
- 1 -2 whole bay leaf
- Place all ingreadents except the bay leaves in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pot and add bay leaves, bring to a boil and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Hi, I'm a kid (14) but I cook dinner every night for my family. Tonight we were supposed to have chicken, but we ran out, so I thought we could have linguine with pasta sauce ad turkey meatballs. Even my mom, who was not in the mood for pasta sauce, really enjoyed it, and so did my family and my friend. Thanks!
Thanks for this quick and easy,and VERY tasty sauce recipe.It was made just as you printed it on the recipe, and I would not change a thing. Oops,yes I did change something,I didn't have a green pepper,so didn't use one,but it was still Excellent! Thanks,Darlene
This is a great recipe. I changed it up just a little. I added some Italian Seasoning, and a good sized pinch of red pepper flakes as we like things spicy. I have a daughter who is a vegetarian and she thought this was great.