Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first had this recipe after buying it at our school fundraiser. It was so good that I went through the trouble of finding out who made it and got the recipe. Since then I have made it numerous times and given away lots of little jars at Christmas. It is delicious served with cream cheese and crackers. I am not absolutely sure of the yield, it could be more.
- 1182.95 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml finely chopped red peppers or 473.18 ml green peppers
- 354.88 ml white vinegar
- 6 fluid ounce bottle liquid pectin
- Chop peppers finely (It's faster to use a food blender to do this.) In a large saucepan, combine sugar, red or green peppers and vinegar.
- Stir and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Boil over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, skimming off foam.
- Remove from heat; blend in pectin and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars.
- Keep in your refrigerator or freeze when cooled down.
My 1st time making jelly and I used this recipe TWICE ! First time followed directions precisely - perfectly delicious sweet jelly! I was so impressed with the ease and texture of this recipe I modified it with some items from another recipe for Rasp-Habanero Jelly on this site. So..2nd time I mixed it up by using one bag of frozen raspberries, thawed and squashed, and 5 Habanero peppers (veins/seeds removed), and then added to that red peppers to add up to the 2 cups required in this recipe. It worked WONDERFULLY and is super spicy and yummy! It's beautiful in a jar - looks just like deep raspberry jam. These'll be Christmas presents for sure! Both times it made 12- 4oz jars, with a bit left over for me to snack on. Thanks so much -! !! !
I love this recipe, BUT I don not strain the juice as we like the bits of peppers in the jelly, I guess you could call it Jam, I added garlic and jalepino peppers to spice it up
Thanks for posting this recipe bert! I made the jelly this morning with a mix of mild and hot chili peppers from my garden. We had some with our lunch to top the cheese on sandwiches, and it is delicious. It was fun, easy and quick to make and it did make 6 small jars as stated. These jars will make nice presents too!