Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another I created to use on Steelhead I had in the freezer. Found not too many recipes on line that I liked, so I made this one up along with another recipe. Hope you enjoy, my family loved it.
- 2 trout fillets (Trout, Steelhead or Salmon)
- 1 red onion, Large, Sliced Thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, Cold works better
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine butter, salt, pepper, garlic, honey, basil and parsley. Mix until well combined.
- In a shallow baking dish, spray with non-stick cooking spray or lightly butter.
- Place onions into the bottom of the dish, making a bed the fillets will sit on.
- Place fillets inches.
- Place pats of the butter mix all over the fillets.
- Bake ( I used 1 pound fillets and it took 30 minutes ) until the fillets are lightly browned or they flake easily with a fork.
I'm not a big fan of fish, usually can't even stand to smell it cooking. DH, on the other hand loves fish. I tried this recipe using frozen Steelhead fillets. It turned out deliscious. I loved it so much I bought more fish the next time I went shopping. Thank you for a great recipe that even a fish hater can love.
Husband and I bought this the other day and needed a way to cook it. This was simple and delicious