Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Some recipes just don't have to be complicated. Such as this one, from Bon Appetit's "Deliciously Light". Only 4 ingredients away from a comforting bowl of one of America's favorite soups.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
very nice soup and so easy to make. made two batches; second one i added some cream sherry to and it was very good as well. a filling soup for being so uncomplicated. thanks for sharing.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over med-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until brown, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over sautéed onions; stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually mix in broth, scraping up browned bits from pan bottom.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Working in batches and using on/off turns.
- blend soup in processor to coarse puree.
- Return soup to pot and bring just to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.