1/1 Photo of Red Onion Salad Dressing
I love to order salad with red onion when we eat out, but the red onions I buy at the store are never as sweet and mild. That prompted me to come up with this recipe where the onion marinates in the dressing to calm it down a bit. :lol:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1MAKE AHEAD: Mix all ingredients except onion in a jar and shake, then add onion, stir and store in fridge.
- 2OPTIONAL: If you prefer, you can saute the onion slightly before mixing up the salad dressing.
- 3WHEN NEEDED: Either take out of fridge an hour ahead or place in microwave for 10 seconds to loosen up.
- 4TO SERVE: Stir dressing, then with a slotted spoon, scoop out some of the onion and place on the salad. Seems like that carries along with it enough dressing for tossing the salad. Amount of onions scooped will depend on the size of the salad.
- 5LATER: If all the onion gets used up before the dressing is gone, just add more onion and cheese.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Onion Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.3
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 377.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: