Recipe by Oregongirl45420
This is so simple and good! Vegans can omit the cheese. This makes 4 starter bowls or 2 dinner bowls.
- 2 large bermuda onions, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups water
- dried tarragon (a few generous shakes)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- fresh grated romano cheese (optional) or parmesan cheese (optional) or asiago cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set water to boil.
- Pan-fry the onions in olive oil in a deep skillet until golden brown and caramelized.
- Add boiling water to skillet and add tarragon.
- Simmer on medium for 20 minute.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Put cheese in the bottom of each bowl and pour soup over it.